Sunday, April 17, 2005

The end of my internship...the beginning of a new life...

So, internship is not a good place to try to keep up with a blog, thought it would have been a good way to keep track of everything that happened during my semester. It is almost over now. I only have 14 days left with the students. I am no longer teaching any of my classes. My cooperating teacher has taken them back over and is now preparing for the end of grade test. I am tutoring students during 2nd and 3rd period for the EOG. These are 8th grades that are in jeopardy of not passing the EOG. Hopefully they will.

This has been a crazy semester. Not only did I have to do all the stuff required of an intern, plus keep up with the lives of 75 sixth grades, but my husband and I had a rough patch. I wasn't sure if things were going to work out. During that time, if I didn't have my kids and my lessons, I don't know what I would have done. I truly need something to help me take my mind off of what was going on at home. Things have been worked out and were almost back to normal.

I am in the process of apply for jobs. I have been on 8 or 9 interviews and I still don't have a position. I don't think I interview well. Hopefully I'll get a job. I'm so disappointed and discouraged right now. I'm hoping to get a phone call back sometime soon saying I have a job.

I do have some good news. I have been awarded the Outstand Prospective Teacher award. This is given to the top 10% of student teachers/internships in the university. It is a very prestigious award to have. I am very honored to have it, though I don't think I deserve it. I feel that I have done the job that was expected of me. I don't think I've gone above and beyond what any student teacher/intern should have done.

We're moving to Maryville, TN for the summer. I am going to apply for a couple jobs. I want to have a full time and a part time job. Brandon and I need the money. Moving to the Atlanta area is going to be very expensive. Hopefully we'll be able to save enough money this summer to be able to make the move.

Brandon got some excellent news. He has received a full tuition scholarship for Candler School of Theology at Emory University. We won't have to pay tuition for any of his seminary career as long as he keeps his grades up. Hopefully he'll be able to do that.

So, in about two and half weeks, we will start the next chapter in our life together. We have lived in Cullowhee, NC for almost 4 years. It has had it's ups and downs. We will miss it, but we are both ready to leave. I hope to keep my blog posted with what is going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home