Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Chapter 7 Reflection

This unit was a good review of Access. It's been years since I've used this program. (Since I had Computers in Business in 1998 with my first Bachelor's.) It was a great refresher on how to use a program that is often over looked. When you say database, most people think of Excell. Everyone forgets about Access.

I have used Access to create a database of all the middle schools in Gwinnett County, Georgia. I included the principal, the school name, street, city, state and zip code. There are 20 middle schools in that county. I created my cover letter and using mail merge, personalize each cover letter to each principal. I have a job fair on Saturday in Gwinnett County. When I'm at the job fair, I'll have a resume, cover letter, transcript packet peronsalized for each school in the county.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home